Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Getting Laid Off?

My company had been laying off employees for two months now. The company is targetting to cut down 10 percent of its workforce which means 300 people in Michigan alone. I just moved to this company last October and everyday I am worried that I will be the next one. Its a mixed feeling of fear and confidence since I am very good at what I do. But like what they say nobody is indispensable nowadays. It really depends on the company's goals and position in the industry. I am hoping of staying with the company for a while but maybe it wasnt really a good idea to move to this company in the first place. It is just not healthy to me and my family anymore physically, emotionally and most especially the effect of this to my profession. I need to start looking for an alternative just like everyone else.
 
posted by Onedec at 12:20 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: