Wednesday, September 19, 2007
A Dilemma To Better Opportunity

I had just relocated to a new State as requested by my company. I agreed to move with company expense but a couple of months later I had just been offered a job opportunity by a different company. I was surprised when the company called me out of the blue and asked me to be part to one of their newly awarded programs from a big OEM. When I asked them for the money I wanted for the job they had no hesitation of giving it to me they even made it higher. The new job has been a long awaited opportunity to me. Concerned that my current employer is going to have some problems with this I talked to my boss and his manager about the opportunity. I had some charges to pay due to my recent relocation paid by my current employer. I didn't want to pay but they said I can't get away with these charges since I agreed to be move with their request and I signed a relocation agreement to stay 1year. They are charging me nearly 20,000 US dollars for the relocation, nearly break even to the salary increase the new employer is giving me for the new job. Not to mention that I had been working for a great boss for nearly 12years and he has been very nice to me and the opportunities for professional and personal development has been great over the years. Bottom line I decided to pay the charges and went off to my new job. Sometimes you just got to take the risk.
 
posted by Onedec at 5:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: