Monday, March 16, 2009
Court Hearing for Traffic Violation
I finally got to my appointment of informal hearing at Court 20th District of Michigan today. As you may remember I was pulled over 2days after Christmas last year for not treating a totally dead light a four way stop.

I originally pleaded not guilty and the magistrate scheduled me for a hearing. I had to wait almost 3 months for this hearing.

I realized right after I stepped out of the court the first time I faced the magistrate last year that I made a mistake. I regreted why I stood ground and want to be pardoned for whatever I did. I want the fines and penalty gone as well as the points gone but not as desperate as this.

I realized that the law is the law and nobody wins against the court when it comes to traffic violations. Well 90 percent of the time anyways.

So when it was my time earlier today to face the judge and when I was standing in front of the court room, the judge gave me two options to settle my case. First is to take an impeeding ticket and just pay the fine and no points goes to my record. Or face the judge to an informal hearing and defend my case against the cop the pulled me over.

What did I choose? Of course I chose to pay the fine of $120US and went home.

I definitely made the right choice and I felt satisfied with the verdict. :)

Case dismissed.
 
posted by Onedec at 10:35 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: