Friday, January 2, 2009
My New Year at Navy Pier
My wife and I and some of our friends went to Chicago Navy Pier to celebrate New Years Eve 2009. Temperature was very cold and talking about Chicago it is the windy city state, it felt like below zero that night with the wind chill at lake shore. Our leather gloves, winter boots, head cover, scarf and layers of sweater and jackets did not help a lot standing outside waiting for the fireworks.

While waiting in the cold we decided to drink some booze to warm ourselves. One glass of long island ice tea still no fireworks and then drunk the second one but we still have 15 minutes till countdown and then the third but before I could finish it we had to be outside for the countdown and the fireworks.

It was a spectacular sight, it was fun and loud and overwhelming with hope and happiness. Happy new year.

We decided to get back in to the bar still holding my third glass of long island. I remembered I havent eaten anything that day cause I was kinda hungry. But it was late. Next thing I know I was already drunk.

I stopped drinking for the rest of the evening but those three glasses got me.

It was worth it.
 
posted by Onedec at 6:29 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: